September 29, 2008

Web 2.0 Awards


I like the options that shopping online gives. I like being able to get stuff in NZ all the way from somewhere else and know I'm likely to be the only pup in Aotearoa who has that t-shirt or handbag. I love that I could buy my favourite autobiographically diary off Amazon when it had been out of print for 20 plus years (it meant I didn't have to steal it from North Shore libraries).


So when browsing through the web award winners I was pretty much all about the retail and the food (love the videos on how to make anything!). And I'm excited that recipe key is overhauling itself. I love the fact they have a shopping cart you can throw stuff in that doesn't require money; it's a great idea that just needs to be tweaked.



And as for http://www.cocktailbuilder.com/, they've got the smarts! And a certain youth librarian (who shall remain nameless) could surely put their recipes to good use!



And it's nice to know I'm not a complete techno idiot as I had heard of or used a few sites listed, anyone want to twitter?

1 comment:

Mystikchic said...

Arghahahahaha that was so good. I actually checked out the website and found more tips although in all honestly, the mixers are back in its usual place, at the top of cupboard, gathering dust...thanks for thinking of me