July 22, 2008

Freaking Flickr!

No, I don't want to view a stranger's holiday snaps!
Nor do I care about random people's cute kids in silly poses.
And if I don't know you, I really don't want to know your pet!

While I understand the usefulness of Flickr and sharing photos I'm amazed at the sheer number of photos out there, the prolific comments posted and the time spent (wasted) on viewing thousand upon millions of images. I got books to read people & trash TV to watch.

So will I be inflicting my photos on you? NO! And it’s not just because I don’t own a digital camera. It’s because I actually enjoy the mystery and process of dropping a film off to get developed. Who knows what pictures will be returned to you, what shameful deeds or hideous grimaces have been forever caught on film. And the delightful surprise of actual finding a nice picture of yourself amongst the twenty bad ones. That sh*t is priceless…

No comments: